Monthly Meeting and a Couple of Updates!


Hey y'all - it's time again for our monthly meeting! At this month's meeting I will be leading a little tutorial on creating your own fabric labels via Spoonflower. This will be a pretty easy, no-special tools (other than the Internet) needed tutorial and I really hope that y'all will learn a little something from it. Some of you may already have some awesome graphics skills and I hope that you will be able to apply those too to what I'll be demonstrating.

We need some more ideas for upcoming meetings! November is pseudo-planned out, but other than that we've exhausted many of the ideas we've brainstormed previously. Bring your ideas along! I've also extended the scrap swap one more month, so if you want to participate please bring along a small sandwich-sized ziploc baggie of scraps. There is a post with some ideas available on the blog now.

As always, please bring along your completed projects and/or problems to share with the group. As always we meet on the last Sunday of the month (i.e. Spetember 30th) from 3-5pm at the workroom located at 1340 Queen St. West here in Toronto!

MQG Survey:
The annual Modern Quilt Guild survey has been released! Please fill it out if you get the chance - if more than five members of the guild fill out the survey the anonymous results are sent back to me. The answers you give directly benefit the guild and help me out a lot! You can find the survey here!

TMQG Newsletter:
As a matter of fact last year's survey results were at least partially responsible for our new newsletter. Which brings me to another thing: I sent out the first ever TMQG newsletter earlier this evening - woot! Please do sign up for the newsletter if you have not already; the newsletter will not only be used to send out information about meetings and events, but the contact list attached will be utilized by myself in the event of a last-minute meeting change or to disburse other time-sensitive information. I will, of course, continue to post most information here and in the Facebook group, but the newsletter allows me get information out as quickly as possible to all members and to concentrate it in one place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020 Meeting Recap